Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

As Nature Intended it... Raw Milk!


I've read a lot of posts and articles about Raw Milk over the years; everything from better vitamin/mineral content/bio-availability to less protein/CLA decomp and improved lactose/lactase ratios... but the article from Underground Wellness really does a great job describing these things and more, so I thought I'd share it with you.

http://undergroundwellness.com/under-the-microscope-raw-versus-pasteurized-milk/



There's also a site called Real Milk, they have a lot more information,  so if you're still interested you can check it out at this link:

http://www.realmilk.com/what.html

There's only one supplier of Raw Milk here on the Space Coast that I know of, it's a small farm called Heart of Christmas Farms... they sell their dairy products locally at Appleseed Food Coop. Check out this post for more info on Appleseed and other health food stores in the area.

Personally, I only eat/drink fermented dairy products because they're the lowest in lactose and I don't have any negative side effects. Right now I'm experimenting with making my own yogurt from raw cow milk and yogurt cultures, crossing my fingers everything goes alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment